PADDLE RULES GENERAL
1. Players must wear non-marking, tennis-oriented shoes.
2. Contact the Club office if any maintenance problems arise.
3. Scheduled Club and Inter-Club functions have court priority. Courts may not be reserved during these times.If feasible, during Inter-Club functions, the Club will set aside one court for use by the membership.
4. Courts 1 and 2 are the lower courts. Courts 3 and 4 are the upper courts.Court 5 is located directly across from the paddle lodge.
5. The last person leaving the paddle lodge must turn out all lights, make certain the fireplace is turned off, and check that all exterior doors are locked and secured.
1. All courts may be reserved for play. Any court is available for use on a "walk-on" basis as long as it has not been reserved in advance. Courts should be reserved for one-hour or one and one-half hour periods. Consecutive reservations by the same foursome in different names are not permitted. Failure to comply may incur the loss of reservation privileges.
2. Four courts are available for league play.The fifth court is to be set aside for reservations, or walk-ons for recreational play, or lessons with the Club Pro.If the fifth court is not reserved or being used at the time of league play, the league team may use the court.
1. Courts may be reserved up to a week in advance, using the Club web site at www.fcrclub.com or by calling the office between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
2. Advance reservations on all courts may be held by fewer than four players for up to ten minutes after the hour. A reservation is forfeited after the 10-minute grace period.
3. If you elect to use the paddle court on a non-reserved basis, please sign up for the court before you play.
1. To cancel an advance reservation, cancel using the web site or call the office between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
2. As a courtesy to all members, please cancel your paddle court reservation as soon as possible. Repetitive instances of failure to cancel a reservation may incur loss of reservation privileges.
1. Children are subject to all Club rules. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children are aware of all Club rules.
2. Junior players may make advance reservations in accordance with the adult rules.
REGULARLY RESERVED COURT EVENTS
1. Under the sponsorship of the West Penn Platform Tennis Association, the Club will field both men's and women's teams to compete in Inter-Club play. No regular member of any FCRC team in such league may be a non-Club member.
2. Courts will be reserved for Inter-Club match play as listed below. Four courts will be used during these times. Occasionally, matches may last longer on some courts than scheduled, but usually play has finished on one or more courts earlier than scheduled. Again, the fifth court is to be set aside for non-league play or for member lessons.
Men's Inter-Club Matches
Men's Inter-Club Matches Mondays 7:00-9:00 PM
Women's Inter-Club Matches Tuesdays 9:30 AM-Noon
Men's Inter-Club Matches Tuesdays 7:00-9:00 PM
Women's Inter-Club Matches Wednesdays 9:30 AM-Noon
Women's Inter-Club Matches Wednesdays 7:00-9:00 PM
Women's Inter-Club Matches Thursdays 9:30 AM-Noon
Men's Inter-Club Matches Thursdays 7:00-9:00 PM
1. Member’s guests are welcome when playing with members. Guest fee is $7.00 per guest. Members must use discretion when inviting the same guest.Guests (except visiting out of town house guests) are limited to three visits per month, regardless of whose guest they may be.Failure to register your guest will result in your being bumped, the imposition of an additional penalty fee, and/or other disciplinary action.
2. When signing in your guest, please register your name, your membership number, the date, and the name of your guest at the paddle lodge. Your guest must be registered before playing. Please indicate if your guest is a junior player.
PRIVATE PADDLE PARTIES
1. Paddle Lodge and up to three paddle courts (3, 4, and 5) may only be rented by a FCRC member.Reservations are made by calling the Club office and requesting a reservation date.Reservations must be submitted for club Manager approval.
2. Rental cost of the Lodge will in all cases will be $75.00.The charge for each non-member paddle playing guest will be $7.00, but guest charges shall not exceed the sum of $25.00 for each court reserved.Out of town family members and house guests will not be charged a guest fee for these parties.
3. Paddle Lodge is available for rent during the following times: During Paddle season (September 15 through April 30) – Saturday evenings from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. (provided no Club socials have been planned) and Sunday evenings from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. (provided no Club social or Men’s WPPTA home league matches have been scheduled).Friday night courts and lodge are reserved for club paddle socials throughout the paddle season, including holiday Fridays, and are not available for private rentals.Other times will be considered.
4. After paddle season (May 1 through September 14) the Lodge is available for rental any time, with the approval of the Club Manager.
5. Additional charges will be applicable if paddle lodge is not left in a clean condition, or if the Club is involved in providing services for the event.Such charges would be determined by the Club Manager.
6. Members may bring their own food and beverages, or may contract service through the Club.
PADDLE COURT LIGHTS AND HEATERS
1. The controls for operating the lights for paddle courts one and two are located on the right wall as you enter Crandon Hall, the old paddle hut. Each court has three operating switches for the three sets of lights.The switches for the lights for paddle courts three, four and five are located in the paddle lodge first floor closet on the left side wall.There are three light switches, one for each court, and they are marked accordingly.
2. Heaters are to be used only for light snow and ice removal. They are not designed as "foot warmers". Heavy snow must be removed first before operating heaters. The heaters for Courts 1 and 2 are located on the lower side of Court 2, before one walks up the stairs to the old paddle hut. Heater controls for Courts 3, 4 and 5 are located on the outside of each court to the right of the court doors.
3. Members are responsible for turning off the lights and heaters, when play is finished.
AMERICAN PLATFORM TENNIS ASSOCIATION (APTA)
1. You must be a member of the American Platform Tennis Association to play in Regional or National Tournaments. For information on membership, contact the Paddle Chairman or the Director of Racquet Sports.
2. Official rules regarding the play of paddle are published by the APTA.